- 420-watt mini steam iron removes wrinkles from almost any fabric
- 1-2/5-ounce water tank; heats up in 15 seconds; variable temperature settings
- Non-stick soleplate; 1-touch steam control; dual voltage for travel convenience
- Heat-resistant travel bag and plastic measuring cup included
- Measures approximately 5-2/7 by 3 by 3 inches; 1-year limited warranty
I was searching for a small iron to take with me to quilting classes when I came across this iron on Amazon a few weeks ago. It was inexpensive at 19.99. I also have Amazon Prime so shipping was free for me. So I figured I would give it a try. I was going to a Bonnie Hunter workshop and would try it out there.
I loved it! I could not believe how hot it got. It was the perfect size. It wasn't too small yet perfect to fit in my bag to go to class. It came with a travel bag as well. It also has a switch on it to change the voltage if you are traveling overseas. The cord was long enough to reach from the outlet and then some.
My neighbor also shared this iron with me all day and she loved it too. I have a huge heavy iron at home but now when I am just ironing small pieces when piecing I use this one. Its lighter and very ergonomic. I have carpal tunnel and its so much easier on me. I still break out the big iron for larger yardage.
I'll be honest I never tried the steam function on it. I don't use steam when I am quilting. However, the reviews on Amazon raved about it. I have only used this lightly over the past month so I am not sure if it will hold up long term but for such an inexpensive price I am willing to take my chances.
If you are looking for a decent travel iron for classes this is a great one to try out.