I decided this year that I needed to do the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt. It had been a few years since I had done one. It was Celtic Solstice. My daughter has since stolen that quilt. Here is a photo of it on her bed. I changed the colors from Bonnie's choosen colors and I loved how it came out.
The picture below is my completion of step 1. I got all the blocks done and assembled. I was originally going to use Bonnie's colors for this but I think I am going to change it up a bit. Again. I bought some coral fabrics from Whittles but I am just not a huge fan of that color. I am either going to go with yellow or purple. I have tons of those fabrics so I am going to use whichever one I have most of for the last color. Probably purple.
I also have 2 baby quilts in progress. They are identical and are gifts for 2 sisters that are both having babies in January. I wanted the cousins to have matching quilts. I managed to get the first one on and off the longarm this weekend. Feathers in the border with cross hatching in the center.
There is also some machine applique on this quilt as well but I will share that on another post when I have both quilts completed. The baby shower is this weekend so I better get moving!
Today I am linking up to Bonnie's blog, http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2017/11/on-ringo-lake-mystery-monday-link-up.html. I can't wait to see everyone's progress! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment