I don't have any quilts on the frame this week so I loaded some practice fabric and doodled. I tried out a few new motifs that I might use in my next quilt.
The picture above is going to be the border on a finished top I have. I have quilt from the Quilty Fun sewalong by Lori Holt all done and ready to be quilted. Still floating ideas around for what I want to do in the center.
I am also working on a couple of matching baby quilts. I got the nine patches all done. They will alternate with white blocks. This was a picture of the layout I was going to use. However when I was sewing them together I realized I didn't do the best job of spreading the patterns around too. I focused too much on the colors. That right hand side reads mostly as solids and the left is mostly patterned. Luckily I noticed pretty early and I have it all rearranged.
I also got in a few fabrics to add to my collection for the Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt that is starting this month. I was missing some of the corals and browns. I should be good to go now. I can't wait!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Post a Comment