Not a lot of finishes this week. I spent most of the week plugging away at my Jamestown Landing. I posted the other day that I was all done my broken dishes blocks. All 210 of them. Well, I was wrong because I apparently miscounted along the way. I only have 200. I must have counted a group of ten twice. Grrrr. Now I need to cut enough different HST's to make it keep its scrappy look. That should be fun. Not.
I did the block above for the quilt along at Quilting Gallery. It was a pretty fun, quick block to do. Its huge. It's 16.5" x 16.5". I have been pressing my seams open on this quilt and I am really starting to like it. My blocks are coming out perfect. If you are interested in checking out the quilt along and maybe join us, its never too late. Just click on the banner below and it will bring you right where you need to be.
Last weekend I needed a fun quick project to do to take a break from Jamestown Landing. I had been wanting to make some pillow covers for our grungy pillows on the couch for a long time. The picture above is what I came up with. Pardon the wrinkles but I decided to take a nice little nap today on the couch before I remembered that I needed a picture of it.
This is the back. Just a simple cover that we can take off and wash when needed. Next time I make one I am going to have it over lap just a tad more.
I got the pattern for this pillow from Tula Pink's City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks. I have been eyeing this book since it came out. Last week was my birthday and when I received an Amazon gift card, this was the first thing in my cart. Blogs all over the internet are doing a quilt along with it and I have loved every block. I am probably not going to join the quilt along as I have too many projects to do but this book is full of so much inspiration. When I was trying to decide on a pattern for my pillow I grabbed this book and so many blocks would have been perfect. I decided on No. 24.
One of the things I loved most about this book is that it has every block diagrammed over graph paper. It made it super easy to enlarge this 6" block to 18" for my pillow. I could very easily see that I only had to multiply all finished sizes by 3.
I am going to try to get a second pillow cover done this weekend with a different block design. I will share it when I get it done.